We live in times of enormous changes. What was important a few years ago has now been replaced by new, innovative solutions. The materials used in production are replaced with new elements with much better properties. A perfect example is the large share of components made of plastics compared to other manufacturing technologies. This fact is visible in every product, from household appliances to cars and other vehicles. However, designing plastic parts is not an easy task. The design engineer should oversee the correctness of the fabricated object already in the concept phase of the shape of individual segments. Moreover, it’s necessary to consider many issues related to the construction of the product. After obtaining the correct geometry of the model resulting from the actions taken, we can produce an injection mould design.
An injection mould is a unique tool that allows you to fill the mould cavities with a liquid material and create a product consistent with the shape of the moulds. The mould has to meet many requirements that arise during the processing of plastics. It is also vital that it is designed individually for a given part and the injection moulding machine. However, it is not an integral part of the injection moulding machine.
Essential functions of a well-designed injection mould:
- it enables correct injection of the heated and liquid material into the mould cavities,
- effective and even heat rejection from the liquid material,
- quick removal of mouldings.
It is recommended to 3D print the designed moulding to assess its functionality by the Customer. Depending on the production volume, a single-cavity mould or a multi-cavity mould has to be chosen.
Specifically, we can:
- design the moulding, taking into account its technological and functional properties,
- select the material for the moulding,
- select the material for the Injection Mould,
- design mould cavities (Stamp, Matrix),
- design the gating, cooling system and moulding ejection system,
- perform an analysis of the filling of the entire mould layout,
- analyse the kinematics of the form,
- prepare drawing documentation of the mould,
additionally, when it comes to processing plastics, we offer:
- designing parts (ABS, PE materials) using the vacuum forming method.